Insect Fruit Damage Decision Key
Select the best description of the fruit damage.
- Large, deep holes anywhere on fruit surface . . . go to Armyworms; beet, southern, and yellowstriped; also Tomato fruitworm
- Small holes, mostly under calyx at stem end . . . go to Tomato pinworm
- Small puncture surrounded by light discolored spot . . . go to Stink bug / Leaffooted bug
- Small dimples, surrounded by whitish area, especially on blossom end . . . go to Flower thrips, damage most pronounced from Western flower thrips, especially in North Florida
- Fruit dimpled and distorted . . . go to Leaffooted bug