Hymenoptera (Braconidae, Calcidoidea) (beneficial)
- Adult: small to minute insects with elongate bodies usually light brown to black or metallic, and two pairs of usually transparent wings.
- Egg: elongate, often laid through a needle-like ovipositor into or near insect host.
- Larva: tiny and maggot-like, developing inside or feeding on their insect hosts.
- Host: most insects including pests are host to one or more species of parasitic wasps.
- See: Parasites of Leafminer: Opius as an example.