- Adult: semi-hemispherical, tan, black or red, and spotted or marked with contrasting colors of red, black, yellow or white, 1/16 - 1/4 in. long.
- Egg: elongate, yellow, laid on end in cluster.
- Larva: elongate, tapering posterior, generally dark with bright markings, and may be covered with spines.
- Pupa: found on foliage.
- Generation Time: 21-28 days
- Prey: insect eggs, aphids, mites, whitefly immature stages and small caterpillars.
Lady Beetle Pictures
a) eggs are generally yellow and oblong and deposited in small clusters;
b) larvae are alligator-shaped with bright markings;
c) adults are small, hemispherical beetles with contrasting spots or marks.