Cucumber Beetle, Banded
- Adult: light green with transverse yellow bands across the wings, 1/4 - 3/8 in. long.
- Egg: small, oval shaped, pale yellow, found in soil in clusters of 1-12 eggs, hatch in 6-8 days.
- Larva: white, found in soil feeding on roots and in stems but not usually a larval pest of tomatoes, 3/8 in. long at maturity, larval stage lasts 10-23 days.
- Pupa: similar to adult, found in soil, adult emerges in 7-9 days.
- Generation Time: 21-40 days.
- Damage: adults usually feed on upper surface of foliage, damage threshold likely is very high. Minor pest in Florida.
Banded Cucumber Beetle Picture
Image # 43.Cucumber beetle adult -
banded cucumber beetle is light green with yellowish, transverse bands, more common in south Florida; (not shown - striped cucumber beetle is black with white longitudinal stripe, more common in north Florida).